World War Memorial Stadium - Greensboro, North Carolina
Ballparks, Arenas and Stadiums > World War Memorial Stadium - Greensboro, North Carolina
Music - Rock and Roll woman by the Buffalo Springfield

Photographed in 1997 using film.

War Memorial Stadium - Opened in 1926 and still in use. Full name is World War Memorial Stadium.

The stadium has had a long list of tenants since it opened in 1926. The Greensboro Patriots from 1928-1934 (Piedmont League). The Greensboro Red Sox (PL) 1941-9142. The Greensboro Patriots of the Carolina league off and on from 1945 - 1968. The Greensboro Red Wings of the Independent Negro Leagues 1948. The Greensboro Pirates (CL) 1952-1954, the Greensboro Yankees (CL) 1958-1967. The Greensboro Hornets of the Sally League, 1979 - 1993. The Greensboro Bats (SAL) 1994-2004. The Bats were the last minor league team to play here. They changed their name to Grasshoppers and moved into a brand new ballpark downtown. The park is Yadkin Bank Park.

The ballpark is now used by two local colleges, Greensboro College and North Carolina A&T.

Location - 510 Yanceyville St., Greensboro, North Carolina
image



image



image



image



image



image

These old red seats are from the long since demolished Connie Mack Stadium in Philadelphia


image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image