Music - Shine on you crazy diamond (parts l-V) by Pink Floyd
Photographed in 1991 and 1995 using film.
Disclaimer - Photos WITHOUT my red watermark on them are not mine, they were found on the internet and they are NOT FOR SALE.
Ebbets Field - Opened in 1913, closed in 1957 and finally and VERY SADLY demolished in 1960. Legendary home for the Brooklyn Dodgers from its opening till it closed in 1957. The Ebbets Field apartments now occupy the site. Also home to the NFL New York Brickley Giants (1921), the Brooklyn Lions of the NFL (1926), the Brooklyn Dodgers / Tigers of the NFL (1930 - 1944), The Brooklyn Tigers of the AFL (1936) and the Brooklyn Dodgers of the AAFC (1946 - 1948).
Location - 55 Montgomery Place, Brooklyn, New York. The rotunda entrance and home plate were at Montgomery Place and McKeever Place. Bedford Ave. was where the right field wall stood. Originally, Ebbets field was built on the site of a garbage dump in the Flatbush section of Brooklyn. That area was called Pigtown. Though Ebbets field will forever be linked with Flatbush, technically it is in Crown Heights.
The Dodgers team office was at 215 Montague Street, Brooklyn, New York. The building and address no longer exist and a TD Bank now occupies the site. There is a plaque on the outside of the bank building designating that spot as the former office of the Brooklyn Dodgers. The Dodgers also had a ticket office on that same site.
One of the quirkiest things about Ebbets Field was the "Abe Stark" sign at the base of the right field scoreboard. The sign read "hit sign, win suit". Legend has it the only visiting player to hit the sign on the fly was Mel Ott of the New York Giants. Stark had his store at 1514 Pitkin Ave. in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn. Abe sold the store in 1959, and passed away in 1972. A discount store now occupies the old site.
The view of what would have been the right field corner of Ebbets, from Bedford Ave. and Sullivan Place. 9/91
The view of what would have been left field from McKeever Place. 9/91
The site of the Dodgers offices was at 215 Montague Street. The address and building are long gone. A TD bank occupies the site now.
This is where the Dodgers offices used to stand at 215 Montague St. There is a plaque to the left of the entrance to the bank denoting the Dodgers stay at that location.
From Bedford Avenue, this would have been roughly where the right field wall stood.
That would be the Babe coaching first for the Dodgers.
The famous Abe Stark sign at the base of the old scoreboard.
This is the site of where Abe Stark's store once stood. In the Brownsville section of Brooklyn. 4/95
You can see the address right next to the pink we make keys sign..... 1514 Pitkin Ave.....