Indiana University, Assembly Hall - Bloomington, Indiana
Ballparks, Arenas and Stadiums > Indiana University, Assembly Hall - Bloomington, Indiana
Music - Small Town by John Mellencamp who is from nearby Seymour, Indiana

Photographed in 1994 using film.

Assembly Hall - Opened in 1971 and still in use. After a major renovation that was completed in 2016, the arena was renamed Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Assembly Hall is just east of Memorial Stadium. Home to Indiana basketball. Due to the steep angles of the seating area, Assembly Hall is one of the loudest arenas in the NCAA. Before Assembly Hall, the team played at Gladstein Fieldhouse which opened in 1960. The Fieldhouse is still in use by IU track and field. Prior to Gladstein, the IU basketball program played at the old IU Fieldhouse which opened in 1928. The IU Fieldhouse has been renamed the Wildermuth Intramural Center and is used by the students.

Location - Assembly Hall - 1001 E. 17th St. Bloomington, Indiana. Gladstein Fieldhouse - E. 17th St. and N. Fee Lane Bloomington, Indiana (directly East of Assembly Hall). Old IU Fieldhouse (Wildermuth Center) 1025 E. 7th St. Bloomington, Indiana
image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image



image