Music -The caves of Altamira by Steely Dan
Photographed in 1997 using film.
Ahearn Field House opened in 1950 and is still in use. Ahearn was the prime arena for Kansas State Wildcats men's and women's basketball. Ahearn ins now the home to K-State volleyball.
Before Ahearn, K-State played at Nichols Hall, also known as Nichols Court. Nichols Hall was built in 1911 and somewhat still stands. Some KNUCKLEHEAD decided to set fire to it in 1968. The idiot was never caught. The building was completely gutted by fire and remained that way till 1985. The University put a building inside the walls of the Hall. The outer original walls were too weak to hold a roof etc.
Nichols Hall is at 702 Mid-Campus Dr., Manhattan, Kansas.
Ahearn Field House is located at 1700 College Heights Road Manhattan, Kansas. Just north of the original football stadium, University Stadium, which still stands.
An icy plant in front of Ahearn, shot in December of 1997.