Music - Whammer Jammer by the J. Geils Band
Photographed in September of 2016 using digital.
Auburn Sports Arena opened in 1946 and burned to the ground on Sept. 21, 1996. The site is now a parking garage.
The longtime home to Auburn basketball. After the Beard - Eaves Coliseum opened in 1969, the old barn was relegated to womens gymnastics. The arena only held 2,500 people. The barn was right across the street from Jordan Hare stadium and right next to Plainsman Park, where the Auburn baseball team plays.
The parking structure at the top of the photo, behind the third base stands, was where the old Auburn sports arena once stood.