Music - Old days by Chicago
Photographed in September of 2016 using digital.
LaGrave Field - This edition of LaGrave field opened in 2001 and was closed after the 2014 season. The Ft. Worth Cats of the UBL played here during that time. The park now sits abandoned and no one seems to know what will happen with it. Defaults on loans, bankruptcies etc. led to the demise of the Cats and LaGrave field.
The original LaGrave field was built on the same site in 1926 and was home to the original Cats / Panthers from 1926 thru 1958. They played in the Texas league. For one season the Cats played in the American Association, that year was 1959. Then the Cats came back to the Texas league in 1964. It was also a part time home for the Dallas Rangers from 1960 thru 1962. The Cats left in 1965 and the park basically sat abandoned. The original park was torn down and rebuilt. Home plate remains the same as well as part of both dugouts. LaGrave field is the only field to have 4 dugouts.
Location - 301 NE 6th St. Ft. Worth, Texas
Rare photo of the original LaGrave field.