Music - the caves of Altamira by Steely Dan
Photographed in 1988, 1994 and 2000 using film.
Daniel - Meyer Coliseum - Opened in 1961 and still in use by TCU basketball teams. Located just to the southeast of the end zone of Amon Carter Stadium.
The Coliseum was renovated between 2014 and 2015, and renamed the Schollmaier arena. During the renovations, the Horned Frogs used Wilkerson-Greines Activity Center at nearby Tarrant county college.
Prior to Meyer, the team played at "the barn" or the Big Gym as it was called. The Big Gym was opened in 1926 and burned down in 1953. They then played at the public schools gym adjacent to the Will Rogers Coliseum. Their earliest campus home was the little gym, just off Bellaire and southeast of Carter Stadium. Both older gyms are long gone. The Big Gym is now student housing. The Little Gym was turned into the ballet house but has since been demolished.
Location - 2900 Stadium Drive Fort Worth, Texas
Daniel - Meyer coliseum in 2000.
Meyer coliseum and the TCU diamond, just south of Amon Carter stadium.
Great view of the barn which is left center of the photo.
The big gym or barn as it was called is seen in the upper center of the photo.
The barn is on the left center of the page.
Another great view of the rear of the barn at the bottom center of the photo.
Amon Carter stadium and the barn at the top center of the photo.
The little gym date unknown.