Music - Ain't nothin but a house party by the J Geils band
Photographed in 1990 and 1994 using film, and in September of 2016 using digital.
Hofheinz Pavilion - Opened December 1, 1969 and still in use by the University of Houston. Renamed the Fertitta Center in 2015. Set to undergo major renovations after the 2016 season.
Location - 3875 Holman St., Houston, Texas. Also on the campus of the University of Houston. Located directly across the street from old Robertson Stadium.
Tenants - University of Houston Cougars basketball from 1969 thru the present. Also the first home for the Houston Rockets of the NBA from 1971 thru early in the 1975 season. The team then moved into the brand new Summit and stayed thru 2003, before moving into the brand new Toyota center in downtown Houston.
The U of Houston was in need of a permanent home for its indoor teams. They had been playing basketball at the dilapidated Jeppesen Gymnasium, which was located in the south end zone of Robertson stadium. They played there from 1946 thru 1966. The old gym was demolished in 1996 when Robertson stadium was renovated. You can see pictures of the old gym in this slideshow. The gym is tan in color and has a scoreboard fixed to the outer wall.
For the 1966 season, the Cougars played in nearby Delmer Fieldhouse. The fieldhouse was a weird barrel shaped structure with a big bow in it. The Cougars called that home for 3 years before moving into Hofheinz in 1969. Delmer Fieldhouse was demolished in January of 2014.