Music - let the children play by Santana
Photographed in 1987, 1992, 1994 and 2000 using film
Moody Coliseum - Opened in 1954 and renovated in 2014. Moody replaced the basketball pavilion / Perkins natatorium as home to SMU basketball. The old Pavilion / Perkins, was demolished in 2014. The old building was located at the southwest corner of Bishop Blvd. and Binkley Ave. A new natatorium and green space now occupy that site.
Moody Coliseum has been home to mens basketball since 1954 and women's basketball since 1976.
From 1967 thru 1973, Moody served as a part time home to the Dallas / Texas Chaparrals of the old ABA.
The much needed improvements make Moody one of the nicer venues in college basketball.
Location - 6024 Airline Rd., Dallas, Texas On the campus of Southern Methodist University.