Music - Hypnotized by Fleetwood Mac
Photographed in September of 2016 using digital.
Cardinal Stadium - Opened in 1957 and still in use. The Stadium is not used for sports anymore, but as a concert venue for the Kentucky State Fair and assorted car events.
The right field bleachers were deemed unsafe and were demolished in November of 2014. As of September 2016, the main part of the stadium is still standing. The old scoreboard in left field was also torn down.
Original name was Fairgrounds Stadium from 1957 thru 1982. Cardinals Stadium from 1983 till present. Home to Louisville Cardinals football (NCAA) from 1957 - 1997. The Cardinals moved into an on campus facility (Papa John's Cardinal Stadium) in 1998. Louisville Cardinals baseball (NCAA) from 1985 thru 2005. The Cardinals then moved into Jim Patterson Stadium, an on campus facility right next to Papa John's Cardinals Stadium. The main tenant for the majority of the time was minor league baseball. The Louisville Colonels (AAA IL) played here from 1968 thru 1972 and the Louisville Redbirds / Bats (AAA) from 1982 thru 1999. The Bats moved into Slugger Field in Downtown Louisville for the start of the 2000 season.
Location - 937 Phillips Lane Louisville, Kentucky On the grounds of the Kentucky Exposition Center.